Calgary Photographers for
Fine Art Black and White Portraits
& Contemporary Colour Family Portraits
We help pose and coach you to bring out what people who love you would remember – which may not be what the camera naturally sees.
We bring out your best, and hide the rest.
Calgary Photographers – Calgary Family Portraits
Portraits: Family and Personal Fine Art Portraits
Children & Babies: With Family, Child Sessions and Baby’s First Year Packages
Head Shots: Business Head Shots, Actor and Musician Head Shots
Our Creative Fees – Please contact us for more information on pricing and options
Portraits – including Personal, Family, Maternity, Newborn and Child Sessions – about one hour of photography (can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours depending on the photography required) in studio: $199, or on location $249
Head Shots: start at $99
Pet Portraits - pet only, in studio: $99, with you and or family, or on location: $199
Baby’s First Year -three sessions, 3, 6 and 12 months, and includes a 10×20 plaque with one image from each session: $275
Wedding Photography – While Alberta Portrait does not provide wedding photography directly,
please check out these wedding photography associates who would be happy to talk with you about your wedding.
Alberta Portrait Inc is a fully licensed and insured professional photography studio
centrally located in Calgary, AB.
Owned by one of the top Calgary portrait photographers,
Neil Speers is an accredited member of the Professional Photographers of Canada
and is the Chairman of the Central Alberta Branch.
Beltline and Mission Area Photographers, Calgary.
We also provide business head shots and commercial photography for clients in the T2P area.
ABOUT CALGARY PHOTOGRAPHER NEIL SPEERS
I did my first paid photo shoot at the age of 16 (in 1976.)
My experience also includes being a journalist and a graphic designer – although photography was always part of those careers. I have also worked for a studio doing full-time wedding photography, as well as corporate, commercial and industrial photography.
A few random facts:
- Drink coffee so strong you have to choose between a fork and a spoon
- Am the Chairman of the local Professional Photographers of Canada
- My first accreditation in the PPOC (as a commercial photographer) was one of the few in that round judged overall as “Excellent” and judges commented that his portfolio showed ‘Excellent control of lighting, great competency.’
- Enjoy cycling, hiking, mountain biking, and snowboarding (which he took up at the age of 40.)
- Was born in Calgary, and has moved back about five times
- Have two grown children
- Loves dogs, cats and other random pets (although doesn’t have any right now.) And most dogs and cats love me – it’s my ‘animal magnetism.’
- Like smokey scotch and dark beers, although in moderation – one great beer is better than 10 so-so beers.
In charge of post processing and associate photographer, Karolina brings a fresh view and a lot of talent to Alberta Portrait.
“Originally I am from Lithuania, from small and cosy city called Gargzdai. In 2011 I finished High School there and after moved to Milan to study photography. After my time in Italy, I decided to come to Canada.”